There is a significant difference between most brands in the industry of inflatable paddle boards but the gap between Aqua Marina and the rest is growing ever so large by the day.
In fact, this is one of the few brands that actually delivers and in multiple ways. Indeed, Aqua Marina offers quite a variety of boards, catering for the needs and requirements of the ever so different paddlers, their size and smallest preferences.
However, today is a special day because we are unravelling one specific Aqua Marina board and one which has been attracting some attention lately. The Fusion is a generic Aqua Marina board but it’s still pretty unique.
How can that be? Let’s find out.
Aqua Marina Fusion Review — Features & Specs
- Honeycomb groove, heat Embossed EVA deck pad for maximum traction and durability
- Sculpted balance flow curves board design
- Integrated cargo D-ring with bungee cord to attach luggage
- 2 extra D-ring for kayak seat attachment
- 1 D-ring on the tail for ankle leash attachment
- Removable slide-in Center Fin
- 1 Durable rubber handle
- Package includes :
- Large slide-in fin
- Aqua Marina double action pump for fast & easy Inflation
- Safety leash attachment
- 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle
|Dimensions||10'4" Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Durable 6 inch (15cm) double-wall drop stitch core material|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 Large detachable central fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
In fact, this is the one category which helps most people make up their minds about the board and hopefully it would have the same effect for you as well.
Accordingly, starting at the most significant dimension, the board’s length can affect both user compatibility and board performance which are the two main axis for your purchase; which is why the Aqua Marina Fusion stands at a generic 10 feet 4 inches.
Effectively, the length of this board is actually its best trait as it stands at a sweet spot that enables it to fit teenagers, young adults and adults alike. Also, the board is made to be sufficiently stable and that’s what makes it great for beginners.
From length, we jump down to width which is a relatively powerful dimension but in a different sector. Indeed, the width of a paddle board can substantially impact the paddler’s experience. Mainly in terms of stability, the Fusion stands out as one of Aqua’s most beginner friendly boards and at 30 inches, it couldn’t get any better.
In fact, the board’s width will not only improve your ability to balance yourself but also grant you enough room to adjust yourself continuously without the risk of falling off.
Down to the last but definitely not the least dimension, thickness is a strongly influential number as it directly impacts the quality of the board. Indeed, at 6 inches, the Fusion leaves absolutely no chance to doubt in this equation, granting you a solid platform and one which effectively remains un-submerged at all times.
Actually, 6 inches makes the difference between a robust board and one which bends at the center under excessive pressure. So, the Aqua Marina Fusion is definitely a safe bet.
As mentioned earlier, the quality of the Fusion remains intact but that cannot be summed in the thickness of the board alone. When talking about quality, there are a few more pillars that contribute to the board’s rigidity and Aqua Marina seems to have mastered them to an impressive point.
Accordingly, the Fusion does not break tradition from the rest of Aqua marina’s line and maintains the military grade PVC base which pushes these boards to the edge. Indeed, this is the same stuff that is used to make zodiacs and bulletproof vests.
Beside wearing the toughest skin that floats, the Fusion goes above and beyond with an industrial double end drop stitch construction which leaves absolutely no room for seams or accidents.
Indeed, with this impressive combo, the board is made to be virtually indestructible and that is a statement that Aqua Marina supports by a successful series of torture tests that simulate the worst case scenarios.
We’ve already said so much about the Fusion but that is not nearly enough to do it justice. Indeed, this is a versatile board which can be used for Yoga, workout, touring or even white water paddling and for that, it requires an equally impressive set of features:
- Accordingly, the Fusion is a nice looking board to say the least. In fact, this is one of Aqua’s bestselling boards and the response to the design definitely stands out. Nevertheless, the shape of the board has not been received with similar delight because it is more ‘round’ than sharp. However, the round edges and smooth slopes of the board make it more stable and less twitchy and that’s what makes it a great entry level iSUP.
- Moreover, the board also features a nicely stretched out honeycomb groove gripping pad which will come in handy in two different ways. First, the extending pad will make it so much easier for you as a paddler to balance and stabilize yourself on board in most environments. Second, the firmer grip you’ll achieve on the board will also help you command the board easily and steadily.
- Further, the Fusion also show cases a couple of of D-rings spreading all over its platform. Starting at the nose, the board features 4 rings which are connected via a bungee cord, making a handy cargo net. The net can be used in various ways and that includes securing your paddle, fishing gear or anything that you can’t leave at bay.
- The board at hand is also featured with 2 extra D-rings for kayak seat attachment.
- Last but not least, the Aqua Marina Fusion iSUP comes with an extra D ring by the tail which is meant for ankle leash attachment.
It is undeniable that this isn’t a competitive board but the Fusion still stands out as one of the most performing entry level boards ever made by Aqua Marina.
This might not sound like an achievement but bearing in mind the fact that this brand has a wide range of paddle boards may help clarify the bigger image.
Regardless of it being a beginner oriented board, the Aqua Marina Fusion still carries out the traits of a racing / touring board which is seen through its smooth edges, relatively pointy lifting nose and narrow tail.
Moreover, the board is further supported via an authentic single fin navigation system. The system is definitely not out of the box but if it works then why change it. Hence, the single fin has proven to be very responsive to commands and equally impressive for straight tracking.
There is always a great expectancy from a package and that’s why the Aqua Marina Fusion comes with:
- A removable central fin
- A hand pump with an integrated pressure gauge
- Safety leash attachment
- Adjustable Aluminium paddle
- A back pack which can fit all of the above plus a deflated board
- The Aqua Marina Fusion is 6 inch in thickness
- It has a very comfortable deck pad
- It’s reasonably priced
- It’s quite stable and it tracks relatively well
- There are no cons that we can think of at the moment. We’ll update this review if something comes up down the road.