If you haven’t heard of Aqua Marina before; it means that you have a lot of catch up to do. This company is entirely dedicated to making high quality water sports’ products and equipments, which eventually made it one of the most successful leading companies in the global market.
The people behind Aqua Marina chose passion as their first motive to build each and every product of theirs. Thus, you’ll find a variety of different items in different shapes and sizes starting with inflatable sail boats all the way to shoes and cooling sleeves, all made passionately and professionally. It’s actually something to admire.
In this review, I’ll be putting a lot of passion myself into reviewing one of their best iSUPs which I’ve enjoyed greatly; the Aqua Marina Perspective.
Aqua Marina Perspective Review — Features & Specs
- Durable double wall drop stitch PVC technology with additional fibre sewn into the inside wall of the top and bottom layer for increased rigidity.
- Independent double side chambers for safety
- Extra layers of post inflation lamination for extra stiffness and reduced air leakage
- Diamond cut EVA anti-slip pad and kick pad
- Elastic bungee cord for storage
- Stainless steel D-Ring on tail for safety leash
- Optimum air pressure in all conditions, up to 15psi
- Package includes :
- Large Slide-in fin
- Hand pump for fast inflation
- Quality hard wearing carry bag,
- Pressure gauge and repair kit.
|Dimensions||9'9" Long x 38" Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||Durable double wall drop stitch PVC technology|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty covers workmanship and material|
This board is 9.9 feet long which I’d recommend anyone less than or around 220 LBS to go for. I’m something around 170 lbs and I can tell you that paddling the Perspective felt pretty great.
Now the real deal is the Perspective’s width; this iSUP is 38 inches wide which is something you won’t find anywhere else.
The Aqua Marina Perspective is a beginner’s board par excellence because it’s meant to increase safety and balance.
With independent double side chambers, the Perspective is nearly impossible to flip. This board’s strongest quality is definitely stability. Not only width that makes it so stable; its thickness is something to appreciate as well.
The Aqua Marina Perspective is only 4 inches thick. However, thanks to its side chambers, the board will not bend at the center and your feet will never touch the water once you get on board.” No joke though; these dimensions are not something you could find every day.
Having stated all the things above, it would be a bad idea to hold back at this point. Aqua Marina has been choosing the best of materials to make their inflatable paddle boards, and with great determination, it became one of the leaders of this industry.
As costumers, we got the best of both worlds; practicality and strength. The Aqua Marina Perspective is made of military grade drop stitch material that is 100-150 mm; it’s extremely durable and dense once fully inflated, but also very flexible and easy to pack once deflated.
The inside of the main chamber is made of seam tape PVC fabric allowing the board to inflate up to 15 psi for maximum stiffness. There is also additional fiber sewn into the inside wall of the top and bottom layer for increased rigidity. You can sense how hard the board is once you get on it; it doesn’t flex or bend.
Aqua Marina makes sure that all of their iSUPs are made of heavy duty PVC, hardened rubber material and have multiple layers of polymer and UV protection to create a protective barrier around the drop stitch core.
I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize good quality when you see it; that’s how Aqua Marina works.
Now, the Aqua Marina Perspective is what I’d call a special inflatable stand up paddle board. There are certain features that make an inflatable paddle board an actual one, but this one has couple more things to win them all. The Perspective is featured with:
- Separate double side chambers for safety and stability. It’s a feature that meant specifically for beginners to feel more at ease when they first start stand up paddling. They’re also good for preventing the water from getting onto the board.
- The second main feature that adds hugely to the strength of the Perspective is the EVA deck that literally covers the board’s back completely; it’s something rarely witnessed, I’m telling you. This pad makes standing on any part of the board a doable thing for beginners; it’ll help you stabilize your posture as it’ll also make you feel in control of both; your body and board.
- Next, a short skirt is part of this master piece and it’s there to cover the board’s nose making it pointier and tougher.
- Then, you’ll find 4 stainless steel D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord on the board’s front; they come really handy for when you need to secure anything at all for your paddling trip. 2 more D-rings are added for anyone who’d like to use a kayak seat, while A 7th D-ring is on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- As for the navigation system, it consists of only one removable large slide-in fin. It works as it should, and it’s quit rigid once correctly attached.
- The last thing I’d like to tackle is amazing color choice and design given to the Perspective; it’s sharp, sporty and elegant. I’ll give you my word on this; a lot of people will be asking you about where did you get this iSUP from.
Aqua Marina is known for making all kinds of accessories related to water sports. Being stated, they like to provide their clients with functional and practical packages for a better paddling experience. Along with the board you’ll find:
- A high pressure hand-pump which will definitely be needed to inflate the main and side chambers.
- A back pack carry bag where you can fit the deflated board easily.
- And the previously mentioned central removable fin.
You’d argue that this is not an all-inclusive package and I agree. It’s a little sad that there is no paddle and no repair kit; but I’d forgive that giving the awesomeness of the board alone.
I will not demean the performance of the Aqua Marina Perspective because it’s a beginners’ board; on the contrary, I was very pleased with everything it delivered.
Stability is its greatest quality; the fact that it’s 38 inches wide makes you feel as if you’re standing on an air platform.
You can easily change directions and why not perform some simple maneuvers thanks to the huge EVA pad that supports your body movements.
As for tracking and speed they come a little low compared to stability, however, I was not disappointed at all; the Perspective tracks perfectly fine in flat water.
- The Aqua Marina Perspective is the most stable iSUP with 2 extra independent chambers
- It comes with the dream EVA traction pad covering all of the board’s back
- It features one of best and most unique designs for an iSUP
- It’s extremely rigid and stiff once fully inflated
- It’s designed specifically for beginners who’d love to start paddling safely and confidently
- The Perspective’s package doesn’t include a paddle nor a repair kit
- The fact that chambers are a total of three, a hand-pump might be tiring to use; my advice is that you consider an electric pump