Aqua Marina is a universal brand with dozens of bestseller products all over the world. In the last few years, Inflatable stand up paddle boards by Aqua Marina gained a lot of attention thanks to their wide range of options and innovational designs.
It’s not easy to make an inflatable board look so good that the people never consider getting a hard board. However, we mean no comparison here because there is nothing to compare in the first place; an iSUP is everything but a hard board.
In this review, one of Aqua Marina’s most advanced and attractive iSUPs, the THRIVE, will be brought closer to you for to have a better idea about its aspects, features and package. Read on.
Aqua Marina Thrive Review – Features & Specs
- Drop Stitch core material technology,ensures super lightweight, durability and stiffness
- Double rail construction with 1000 Denier extra rail band reinforcement
- Diamond grooving footpad for ultimate grip and comfort
- Center board carry handle
- Tail kick pad for critical bottom turns and cutbacks
- Tie-down system with elastic bungee cord for storage
- Stainless steel D-Ring on tail for safety leash
- Package includes:
- Thrive Inflatable Board
- 1 Slide-in Center Fin
- Magic Backpack Carry Bag
- 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle
- Aqua Marina double action pump for fast & easy inflation
- Safety leash
|Dimensions||10'6" x 31" x 6"|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Aqua Marina Thrive is such a solid iSUP with 10’4″ feet in length; it’s an adventure-all-round board that’s meant to smoothly cruise in different water conditions. This iSUP can hold up to 297 lbs which could be a fully grown adult with some extra cargo on board. This size given to it is definitely suitable for different riders.
Thickness here is actually great; you can notice that the board is completely floating on water because it’s 6 inches thick. In other words; a board that’s 6 inches thick is almost impossible to be pushed under water.
And for width, the Thrive is 31 inches wide which is proved to be just right to keep the board balanced and sturdy. You can find other iSUPs by Aqua Marina that are couple inches wider than this one and that are meant for certain water activities if you feel the need for a larger board.
Aqua Marina’s iSUPs are made to be tough, that’s why military grade PVC material is always present in their construction. The Thrive’s outer shell turns very thick and stiff once fully inflated and that’s because the many PVC and 1000 Denier layers allow the iSUP to stretch and take a great and firm final shape.
Not only that, an iSUP is not really an iSUP unless it’s light weight; the Aqua Marina Thrive weighs barely 18 lbs which can be easily handled by most of you. That is thanks to the drop stitch technology used to put the iSUP together. Nonetheless, being light weight compromises nothing of Aqua Marina’s iSUPs value.
The Aqua Marina Thrive is a fully equipped iSUP when it comes down to what’s featured on it. You’ll find every feature related to stand up paddle boarding present and functional.
- To begin with, Aqua Marina presented their line of Adventure-all-round iSUPs for this year with a really nice tail kick that adds up to the action you’ll get in the water. This tail kick will support your body whenever you’re about to take a critical turn or perform a quick maneuver; wave and river riders are sure to appreciate this feature.
- Then there is the traction pad that covers almost 2 thirds of the board’s back. It’s pretty thick and rugged which automatically adds to the board’s stiffness in general. This pad is black and it comes in a really nice and sporty design that fits the bright green/white/gray colors given to the board.
- Next, there are four stainless steel D-rings on the deck and they’re connected with a bungee cord to offer a storage area that’ll allow you to secure many items to the board. Another D-ring is on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- Now to give the board more stability and tracking ability, the Thrive is featured with a single large removable fin that’s extremely easy to attach or detach. Any iSUP will perform a lot better with a fin like this, and the best part is that you actually get to stand up paddle board in different water conditions.
- And of course, the Thrive is featured with the iconic central rubber handle that’ll help anyone carry the inflated board easily and comfortably. Even a petite rider can use one hand to transport the board thanks to this carry handle.
Once you order the Thrive, you don’t have to worry about how and when you will start paddling. However, the package does lack a repair kit which might come handy one day.
Along with the iSUP, you’ll be getting:
- A 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle
- Aqua Marina double action pump for fast and easy inflation
- A removable slide-in center fin
- A safety leash
The Aqua Marina Thrive is all about outgoing and bold performance; it’s rigid, stable and quite responsive. The sleek body given to it makes it glide smoothly especially in flat water. However, one can’t deny the fact that the Thrive tends to be a slower iSUP than larger/sharper ones that are meant for racing.
That being said, this iSUP on one hand can be easily and safely used by a beginner; balance at this stage is what an entry level paddler needs most, and with the Thrive’s dimensions (31″ wide x 6″ thick) I can say that you’ll get that covered and done with. On the other hand, an amateur paddler is going to appreciate upgrading to such a board that can be easily controlled for more action and maneuvers using the tail kick.
- The Aqua Marina Thrive is built using reinforced 1000 Denier rails and PVC material
- It’s an all round iSUP that’s great for beginners or amateurs who seek more from an iSUP
- It’s featured with a great traction pad
- There is also an awesome rail kick for more fun
- It comes in a complete, all-inclusive package with everything necessary to handle it
- It’s a great entry-level paddle board
- None that we can think of at the moment