Bestway might not be a prominent brand in the industry of inflatable paddle boards but that’s not necessarily a criterion to making dope boards. Indeed, Bestway has been developing at a much higher pace than its contenders and that’s already a great sign.
Hence, the HydroForce White Cap is a conclusion for its efforts to make the most reliable inflatable stand up paddle board at an entry price. Indeed, one of the most appealing aspects of HydroForce board is often the price tag since it’s considered to be one of the most affordable inflatable paddle boards in the industry.
So, let’s take a closer look at the board and figure how the price tag impacts the quality of this board:
Bestway HydroForce White Cap Review — Features & Specs
- 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core encased in two layers of laminated PVC & drop-stitch construction
- Can be used as an SUP or kayak
- Three modeled fins for directional stability
- Non-slip traction deck pad
- Steel tow D ring
- 1 carry handle
- Package includes :
- Aluminum oar
- Travel bag
- Hand pump
- Pressure gauge
- Kayak seat with back rest
|Dimensions||10' Long x 32" Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||Durable 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core
encased in two layers of laminated PVC
and drop-stitch construction
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||1 carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
Starting at the most important area of any board, measurement should be your primary concern before proceeding to quality check for a simple reason: it doesn’t matter if a board is robust if it’s not going to fit.
Hence, this HydroForce White Cap measures a steady 10 feet in length which is considered to be a generic measurement for entry level inflatable paddle boards because that will make the board compatible with people of most sizes. Of course it also makes it primarily a leasure iSUP more than a competitive one. However, if you’re a beginner and you want to get your head around the sport before upgrading then this should be just fine.
Further, in terms of width, the board at hand went with a healthy 32 inches in width; making it a solid board so far. Indeed, at 32 inches, you are very much talking about a board that will not jitter and shake every time you get on it for a quick paddle. The board will be pretty stable and allow you to focus on your ride instead of trying to remain balanced on top. Also, the width of the board will definitely improve its ability to track in a straight line which is a solid advantage for a wide board.
As for thickness, which is often disregarded as the least important dimension of the board, the HydroForce White Cap choose to go with 4 humble inches in width. The fact that the board measures 4 inches in thickness says a quite a lot about that price tag.
Indeed, boards that measure 6 inches are a lot sturdier at the center than a 4 inches one. Nevertheless, no problem would occur as long as the weight limit is respected on this guide. Accordingly, the HydroForce White Cap decides to limit its access to people less than 209 pounds.
Here comes the part we’ve all been waiting for. Quality is quite a central aspect of any purchase we make but it should be more emphasized when talking about ‘inflatable’ paddle boards.
Hence, Bestway decided to create a shock factor here because you wouldn’t imagine that a board with such price tag is made out of 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh which is encased in 2 layers of laminated PVC.
In simple words, this thing was built to withstand its obstacles and perfectly diminish the risk of it getting punctured or severely damaged by a day to day obstacle.
Moreover, the board at hand is further enhanced via an industrial drop-stitch construction which perfectly seals the seams around the body of the board, making it impossible to rip apart and virtually indestructible.
As far as features go, it would be quite the surprise to learn that this board is equipped with pretty much all the features you’ll need to go kayaking, fishing or touring. So, let’s check them out:
- First, the HydroForce White Cap comes with a non slip gripping pad, covering over 50 percent of its surface which is great for beginning paddlers. Indeed, this pad will make it way easier for you to maintain a firm grip while standing or kneeling on the board and that will enable you to better control the direction of the iSUP at ease.
- Also, HydroForce hooks you up with a set of D-rings which will prove to be handy one way or another. For instance, the board features 4 D-rings on the nose which are connected via a bungee cord, making a reliable cargo net. Also, the board features a couple more D-rings at the center which are meant to install a kayak seat (included in the package)
- Moreover, the board also features a foot break foam roll which will be mostly used when the kayak seat is installed in order to help you stay in place and paddle comfortably.
- Further, the HydroForce White Cap comes with an impressive triple fin navigation system which will make it a lot easier for you to steer or track in a straight line. Also, this feature offers a far better command range than a single fin especially for beginning paddlers.
In terms of performance, one thing is for sure, this is a solid competitor for an entry level board. Hence, if you’re looking for an actual competitive or racing board then you’ve steered far away from your trajectory. The board at hand is primarily a leisure, all-round board.
Nevertheless, the HydroForce White Cap is still a decent performer which will prove to be able to cut through water steadily thanks to its round nose and wide body. Also, the navigation system will make it even more enjoyable to try this board out in different environments.
Once everything is sealed, most people tend to look at the package for solace which is reasonable since packaging can either make or break an iSUP. Hence, HydroForce decided to go with a healthy bundle that includes:
- A removable kayak seat with a backrest and storage pocket
- An aluminium oar
- A travel bag which can fit all components on this list
- A high pressure hand pump
- A pressure gauge to keep an eye on your pressure
- The HydroForce Whitecap comes in complete package
- It has impressive set of features
- It can be used as a paddle board or kayak
- It’s budget-friendly
- It’s extremely rigid and strong
- It’s lightweight : deflated board + package = 35lbs
- Durable 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core encased in two layers of laminated PVC and drop-stitch construction.
- The HydroForce Whitecap is just 4 inches thick
- It weight capacity is limited at just 209lbs