Summer is right around the corner (at the time of writing this review) and nothing would match getting an inflatable stand up paddle board to do both; workout and recreation.
Bright Blue offers a range of interesting iSUPs in different sizes for various water activities and skill levels.
In this review, we’ve got the Bright Blue 10’6″ which could be a beginner’s perfect choice or simply anyone who’s already familiar with this friendly water sport and only looking for some solid fun time.
As not to drag this any longer, we intend to present you with everything you need to know in this BRIGHT BLUE 10’6″ iSUP review so let’s get right to it.
Bright Blue 10’6″ Review – Features & Specs
- Diamondback Traction Pad
- 1 center carry handle
- Front tie-down system to stow all of your gear
- Leash attachment D-ring
- Large toolless fin
- Package includes:
- Paddle board
- 3 piece Aluminum Adjustable Paddle
- Dual Action Pump
- Travel Backpack
- Coiled Leash
- Toolless Fin
|Dimensions||10'6" Long x 32" Wide x 6"Thick|
|Material||Military Grade PVC & Drop Stitch|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One Large Fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||2 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
Given the review’s title, this board is 10 feet and 6 inches long which makes it an iSUP that’s more or less standard, in other words; the Bright Blue 10.6 is neither too big nor too small and that makes it super versatile.
In terms of width, the Bright Blue is a solid 32 inches and we have to say that this is the best you can lay hands on because for a 10.6 board you’d only get 30 inches maximum even with some big and pioneering brands. Thus, we can all agree that Bright Blue is doing a really nice job.
Now being this wide is what’s going to guarantee you a good deal of balance even if you reach maximum weight capacity and that’s 300 lbs.
To make it even better, Bright Blue furnished this board with 6 inches thick to boost its stability performance and the ability to stay above water in case of reaching maximum weight capacity.
All in all, this is a pretty solid iSUP with pretty good dimensions that are guaranteed to meet the needs of many water enthusiasts out there.
You can tell a good iSUP when it’s fully inflated and the Bright Blue 10.6 is quite the view once you pump it. This board turns super hard and tough reaching 15 PSI, which is recommended for most iSUPs, and that’s what reflects the quality and end production of a board.
The Bright Blue 10.6 is made of military grade PVC material that’s strong and durable as it’s meant to withstand harsh environments and circumstances.
Being this tough, the only thing you need to worry about is extremely sharp objects and that is the same case with every inflatable product.
We can’t talk about an inflatable iSUP without mentioning the drop-stitch construction; this latter contributes greatly to the board’s strength and flexibility making it super light, yet; as strong as a board could ever get. That right there is the main purpose behind creating inflatable stand up paddle boards; practicality and functionality without compromising strength or quality.
If you’re familiar with inflatable SUPs and how they work, then you probably know what to expect on one. However, if this is your first experience with iSUPs, this section of the Bright Blue 10.6 review is going to help you get a better picture. Either ways, these are our board’s main features:
- The Bright Blue 10.6 is featured with a traction pad that covers most of its back; it’s thick and soft to both; ensure comfort for your feet and prevent them from skidding away once the board gets wet. Also, a thick pad like this always adds up to the board’s rigidity and toughness.
- The next thing you might notice is the front storage area with 4 D-rings and a bungee cord. This feature comes really handy when you’re in need of some cargo to be on board with you.
- Next, there is a central carry handle that’ll allow you to carry the inflated board single handedly with minimum effort. It’s rigid and durable and it’ll also come useful in a scenario where you’d be trying to get on the board’s back while in water.
- Another vital feature here is the navigation system; the Bright Blue 10.6 comes with a single large and removable fin for better tracking and control. The fin is easily attached and detached for quick and safe packing.
Last but not least, this board has one extra D-ring on its tail for safety leash attachment.
The Bright Blue 10.6 is not only a good iSUP but it also comes in a package that’s as good, and the best thing about it is that you can get all of it for a reasonable price that might not be found somewhere else. The package includes:
- A 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle.
- A dual action hand pump.
- A repair kit.
- A valve wrench.
- A carry backpack where you can fit the whole thing
- And a safety leash.
The Bright Blue 10’6″ is an iSUP designed to be versatile, that’s first, and that being said, it means that you can use this iSUP anyway you find fit for your interest and skill.
However, we have to admit that a board this wide (32″) is a beginner’s best option because stability is what’s going to help that latter pick up the game.
Also, being an all-round board makes it no less of a great choice for paddlers with intermediate skill levels. You can take this board to the beach, lake or even a river if you think you can handle it. But just to be completely clear, there are boards that are way more professional and best suited for surfing, racing or white waters. Thus, an all-round iSUP remains an all-round compared to those.
- The Bright Blue 10.6 is a well-built iSUP.
- It’s wide and stable making it a great choice for first time paddlers.
- It has a large traction pad.
- It comes in a complete, all-inclusive package.
- There are no cons that we can think of at the moment. We’ll update this review if something comes up down the road.