Even though it’s a newly established brand, the Driftsun managed to build a wide and strong platform of clients thanks to its large range of products. Driftsun makes almost everything that is related to water sports, relaxation, and even coolers.
On here, we’re mainly interested in inflatable standup paddle boards which have revolutionized water sports. An iSUP will allow you to exercise, have fun, and to relax safely and practically since it’s easily packed and transported.
The Driftsun 10′ is our guy for this review, and we’ll try to provide you with everything you need to know about it.
Driftsun 10′ iSUP Review — Features & Specs
- Textured non-slip EVA deck pad
- Rounded hull
- Tri-fin setup
- Stainless tie downs for onboard storage
- Multiple carry handles
- Package includes :
- 10-foot long inflatable paddle board
- Fully-adjustable 7-foot long fiberglass paddle
- Sleek-looking carrying backpack with comfort straps
- Hand-pump equipped with pressure gauge
- Set of detachable fins
- Patch and repair kit
|Dimensions||10' Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch construction|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||3 carry handles|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
I’d personally never call a 10 feet long board small, but some big riders would. The Driftsun is 10 feet long which works greatly for anyone under 350 LBS. Such a dimension is very convenient; it’s easy to handle and takes less time to inflate.
For width, this iSUP is 30 inches wide which is perfect for any activity. You’ll have enough space to stand tall in complete control and balance. In fact, 30 inches seem to be the standard measurement for all quality iSUPs when it comes to this. Thus, you’ve got nothing to worry about; you’ll be getting the best in the market when it comes to stability.
Last but not least; thickness too plays a great role in any board’s performance. That’s why Driftsun made this board 6 inches thick allowing it to handle up to 350 lbs.
All in all, handling this board is quite simple and fun, beginners and small riders will love it.
Inflatable products have certainly made life easier; especially summer times. However, making a durable inflatable board is not easy. Driftsun engineers understood that in order to compete with other great brands they must respect the quality chosen for all the materials needed to make an iSUP.
This board is made of durable military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch construction which are universally known for making any board virtually indestructible; It’s light weight, flexible and easy to handle once deflated, and UV resistant.
Moreover, the design is something to dig; it’s neat, and the glued parts are clean and sleek, with rigid and sharp features. It’s pretty much what anyone would like to have in an iSUP.
The Driftsun made sure their iSUP has everything needed for a fun and successful paddling journey especially if you are a beginner. This board is featured with:
- A diamond grooved EVA traction pad that covers the central area of its back; it’s thick, soft and very grippy. Your feet or knee won’t hurt or feel uncomfortable even if you spend a long time on the board.
- A storage area with 4 stainless steel D-rings on the board’s deck and they are connected with a durable bungee cord so as to secure anything to the board. A 5th D-ring is on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- You’ll find 3 carry handles; one is central and it’s great for when you carry the inflated board on your own. The other 2 are on the sides and they’re meant to make carrying the board by 2 people a practical thing.
- The navigation system is quite perfect; it consists of 3 removable fins for easy packing, and once you attach them nothing can get them off unless you do.
A one purchase package is always a thing to look for, because it means that once you receive the board, you can get to paddling directly because you have everything you need to do so. The Driftsun comes with an all-inclusive package that contains the following:
- A backpack for transportation
- A hand pump with PSI gauge
- A repair kit
- 3 detachable fins
- And an adjustable Deluxe Fiberglass paddle.
It’s quite the perfect package for anyone especially beginners; you’ll be saved the trouble of searching for any item separately.
The Driftsun did perfectly good in flat water. Tracking was pretty impressive; it was easy to keep the board going straight with minimum effort.
As for balance, this board is stable and sturdy for anyone who is less than 350 LBS; it wasn’t difficult to maintain my body’s balance while paddling because the width and strong built of the board are very supportive.
Changing directions and performing some maneuvers is also very doable and simple; it’ll only take you couple attempts to get hold of the whole thing.
Driftsun is a multitask paddle board where it could be used for touring, recreational paddling and even yoga if the water is completely flat and calm.
- The Driftsun comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It’s made of military grade PVC and drop stitch material.
- It’s a great choice for beginners.
- It’s stable and rigid.
- It’s very easy to inflate/deflate, pack and store.
- Having used the Driftsun for a while now, I didn’t happen to find anything wrong with it. However, if I was to complain about one thing, it would be its thickness; sometimes I wish it was 6 inches thick instead of 4 but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy with it; it simply would’ve made it the ultimate perfect iSUP especially for beginners.