FunWater is definitely not the biggest brand in the industry. However, their 10’6″ inflatable stand up paddle board seems to be attracting quite a few customers regularly. Thus, today, we are putting the FunWater 10’6″ under the scope.
Before we get started, it is important to remember that this is an all-around SUP board which means that it’s most likely to appeal to those of you who are looking for an entry level board.
Thus, if you are looking for an upgrade then this board is definitely not the perfect fit.
FunWater 10’6″ iSUP Review – Features & Specs
- Soft EVA deck pad
- Great for beginners and Great for all skill levels and conditions
- Front tie-down system to stow all of your gear
- 1 center carry handle
- Tri-fin setup
- Package includes :
- 3 Piece Adjustable Paddle
- Carry Back Pack
- High Pressure Pump
- 3 Removable Fins
- Coil Leash
- Repair Kit
- Waterproof Phone Case
|Dimensions||10'6" Long x 33" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military grade dual layer DWF drop sticth materials|
|Weight limit||330 Lbs|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||60 day guarantee + 1 year warranty on materials|
The FunWater 10’6″ iSUP is definitely one of the best budget-friendly beginner paddle boards on the market because it is very affordable but most importantly, it is designed to help you pace your way up the ladder and give you an easy task to handle once on water.
Accordingly, the board at hand measures 10 feet 6 inches in length which happens to be around the universal length for entry level boards.
Indeed, this board is developed with a beginner in mind and at this length, it is guaranteed to match teenagers, young adults and adults alike. Further, since it is within the 10 feet range, the FunWater iSUP at hand is going to be visibly more stable than longer boards & that will help keep you on board most of the time.
As far as width goes, it was surprising to learn that this board comes at an impressive 33 inches. In fact, a lot of “premium” stand up paddle boards seem to neglect the width ratio even though it has a direct impact on the board’s balance.
Accordingly, the beginner’s attraction continues as this board provides a wide enough platform for you to move around and adjust yourself comfortable on the go.
Eventually, Thickness is the one dimension that you should pay attention to when inspecting the quality of your inflatable paddle board because it is a determining factor. Indeed, for inflatable paddle boards, thickness is what determines the maximum load capacity which happens to be 330 pounds on this vessel. Also, since this iSUP measures 6 inches in thickness, it is granted more resilience than a thinner / weaker board.
Speaking of quality, FunWater is not exactly widely recognized. Primarily, the brand at hand is mainly known for this exact board and so far, the reviews seem to be quite positive.
Indeed, the FunWater 10’6″ inflatable paddle board has received an abundance of positive reviews concerning its quality despite being a budget board. However, in order to reach a conclusion on that verdict, we had to inspect two main components: Build materials & the build process itself.
Accordingly, The FunWater at hand is made of “New Ultra Dual Layer PVC” which is every brand’s way of saying regular PVC. However, the ‘layer’ part is to be highlighted here since it is highly influential.
Truly, the fact that this board features multiple coats of PVC is a positive indicator. Moreover, the manufacturer seems to be keen on mentioning the fact that this board is 35% lighter than its rivals, which sounds great, but it also means that its coat is a bit thinner.
Further, to complete the fort, FunWater opts for an industrial drop stitch construction to pull the PVC layers together, leaving no room for mishaps. Admittedly, even a thin PVC coat is rendered 10 times stronger with the right stitching and that grants this board an advantage that is only seen in average-priced to expensive boards.
Like any other inflatable paddle board, the FunWater 10’6″ had to play along & provide a practical set of features to minimize your concerns and embellish its portfolio. Hence, here is what you should expect to see on a FunWater 10’6″:
- While it might not be the most appealing in terms of design, the gripping pad on this paddle board is undeniably reliable. Indeed, there is one feature that you cannot go without noticing and that is the anti-skid pad because it doesn’t only grant you a firmer grip on the board, it also helps you navigate it easily.
- Another feature that we often rant about is the all-practical cargo net. in fact, a cargo net is almost indispensable on any inflatable paddle board because it can be used in multiple ways. Obviously, the best use for this feature is to store personal belongings that you’re not comfortable leaving at bay but it can also be used to store your paddle or a fishing rod if you’re looking to do some fishing.
- To push practicality even further, the board at hand comes with a nifty central carry handle that will help you carry the board individually when inflated. While this might not seem like a big deal, it certainly will prove highly necessary in situation where there is no one to help you carry the 10’6″ long board.
- If the 6 D-rings on the front aren’t enough, then you can still use the larger ring on the tail of the board for a variety of purposes. Actually, the tail ring is meant for safety leash attachment.
As mentioned earlier in the review, the FunWater 10’6″ iSUP is a solid fit for curious and first-time paddlers who are seeking a guiding board that would help initiate them into the sport.
In fact, this board is going to prove highly reliable in all kinds of environments, except for surfing; this is not a surfing board. Other than that, the FunWater at hand is a solid all-around board for open lakes and steady rivers as it will cut nicely through water thanks to its triple fin navigation system.
Speaking of which, this is one of the best systems for entry-level paddle boards because it is designed to track nicely and respond quickly to command.
If you’re still having doubts about how good the FunWater 106″ TIKI Cruiser is, then perhaps the packaging will help you settle on a decision. Indeed, the board at hand comes with a nice set of accessories:
- Ankle leash
- High pressure hand pump
- Backpack carry bag
- Collapsible paddle
- Waterproof case for your phone
- The FunWater 10’6″ iSUP comes in 2 different colors : Blue and Pink.
- It’s featured with a great EVA deck pad.
- It’s ultra-light.
- It comes in an all inclusive package.
- It’s a budget-friendly inflatable SUP board.
- And it’s a good choice for both beginners and first-time paddlers.
- The so-called high pressure pump that comes with this iSUP is nothing to write home about.