Intex originally started out by producing inflatable beach balls. Intex has come along way from that and produce some of the best inflatable boats and kayaks on the market, including the Intex Marine 4 and the Intex Excursion 5 inflatable boats, and the Intex K1 and K2 inflatable Kayaks.
In this review, we’re going to introduce one of Intex’s timeless inflatable boats that’s been around for a little while now; the Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat, which a lot of people agree it’s a highly affordable inflatable boat without any value or quality being compromised.
Intex Mariner 4 Review – Features & Specs
- 2 Boston valves on the main hull
- 2 outer layers of heavy-gauge PVC mesh for extra reinforcement
- All-around grab line and rub strake
- Heavy-duty extruded plastic flooring for comfort and rigidity
- 2 fishing rod holders
- 3 inflatable thwart seats
- 1 gear pouch and 1 battery pouch
- Grab handle on both ends
- Welded-on rotational oar locks
- Motor mount fittings
- Oar holders
- U.S. Coast Guard I.D. - National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA) Certified
- TUV approved
- Package includes :
- Repair patch kit
- Inflatable seats
- 54-inch deluxe aluminum oars
- High-output manual hand pump
|Inflated Size||10'9" x 4'9" x 1'7"|
|Material||2 outer layers of heavy-gauge PVC mesh|
|Weight limit||1,100 Lbs|
|Warranty||30-day manufacturer's warranty|
The Intex Mariner 4 is definitely a large boat that can hold up to 4 people on board with 1100 lbs for weight capacity. If you need such a boat all for yourself, then you can easily bring couple coolers and enough cargo for an extended and safe water trip because this boat can handle weight very nicely since it’s 10.9 feet long, 4.9 feet wide and 1.7 feet high.
That being said; the Mariner 4 is a roomy inflatable boat that can handle weight smoothly while everyone gets to sit comfortably without being squeezed or afraid of falling off the boat’s sides. It’s quite a boat, to be honest; the view of it alone will make you think of all the endless possibilities of how to use it, where and with whom.
Also, the features and specifications we’ll see next contribute greatly to making it as good as it in terms of size and dimensions.
The fact that the Mariner 4 is an inflatable boat was and is never a problem because simply; a brand as old as Intex knows all the tricks to make their product strong and durable.
The Mariner 4 here is made of two outer layers of heavy-gauge PVC material that’s laminated to an inner layer of polyester mesh for extra reinforcement.
The flooring as well is made of Heavy-duty extruded plastic for extra comfort and rigidity. Not only that, if you look closely you’ll notice that every additional feature or part is perfectly glued to the boat so that everything looks smooth and neat.
Intex promises a rigid inflatable boat that can be up to some beating without having to worry about it getting damaged all the time. Also, the fact that it’s inflatable makes it 10 times safer and more practical in terms of transportation because once you deflate the boat and pack it it’ll be so hard to damage it in any way.
Plus, the Mariner 4 is NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) Certified and TUV approved for guaranteed safety.
This got to be my favorite part of the review. The Mariner 4 is like the ultimate boat anyone could ever have; it’s featured with a number of highly functional parts and tools that’ll make boating such a pleasant activity even for someone who’s just picked it up as a new hobby.
Now, without further ado, these are the most prominent features to be found on the Mariner 4:
- Welded-on rotational oarlocks that make paddling a lot smoother and more fun. Even children can paddle their way under your instructions without fear of losing the paddles to the water or anything of the sort. After trying these rotational oar locks, it’ll be hard to tolerate any other boat without such a feature.
- 2 fishing rod holders for fishing enthusiasts. Personally, I’ve never tried fishing on this board but I can tell you that the Mariner 4 has so much to offer as a fishing boat; in addition to these rod holders, let’s not forget how spacious and rigid it is.
- Next, there are 2 carry handles to help you drag the boat out of the water plus a grab line that goes around the whole length of the boat. This way, carrying the inflated boat is an easy task that 2 or more people can handle very easily.
- Then we have Motor mount fittings in case any of you thought of upgrading their boating game.
- Moreover, you’ll find 3 inflatable thwart seats or as I like to call them cushions. These cushions fit perfectly in the boat to allow you a comfortable posture while oaring or simply when you’re just taking a moment to enjoy the views around you.
- And finally, the Mariner 4 is featured with 4 air chambers with 2 Boston valves on the main hull. I’m no way near saying that inflating this big guy is a piece of cake, however, it remains doable and of course, it would be a lot faster and easier with an electric pump if available.
Ordering yourself a boat is not a small lateral thing that can be done just like that randomly or carelessly; the Mariner 4’s package is very neat to be honest; along with the board you get:
- 2 aluminum oars
- Manual air pump
- 3 inflatable cushions/seats
- 1 gear pouch and 1 battery pouch
- A repair kit
- And a decent carry bag to pack and store the deflated boat.
All in all, this is everything anyone could possibly need to kick off their boating adventures at any time of the year.
The Mariner 4 is a versatile boat; it can handle weight very nicely, it’s very rigid and durable plus the fact that it could be a great option for a fisherman.
Inflatable boats like this one are not designed to be fast or used in white waters; however, adding a detachable motor will change the game completely.
The body of the Mariner 4 is stiff and dense enough to take over some hurdles without being punctured or damaged, still; it’s never bad advice to take good care of your boat to prolong its life span.
Now controlling the Mariner 4 is very easy especially if you already have an idea on how to oar your way through flat water which is the easiest thing. it’s not wobbly and it’s pretty responsive which will make your boat tour last longer.
- The Mariner 4 comes in one awesome package that includes inflatable cushions for the boat.
- It also comes with 2 paddles.
- It’s featured with motor mounts fitting.
- There are 2 fishing rod handles.
- It can hold up to 1100 lbs.
- And it’s NMMA and TUV certified.
- We can’t really just think of a con for the sake of noting down on the Intex Mariner 4 review; thus; we’ll just wait until we find a con that’s worth mentioning.