Whether we’re talking about large, small or medium size inflatable paddle boards, ISLE Surf And SUP has always been the go to brand.
Indeed, it is undeniable that ISLE is one of the few iSUP brands out there that has accumulated almost nothing but positive reviews on most its products and that did not come easy.
The company at hand is strongly dedicated to its customer base and that is why it has specifically designed this board to be the perfect match for Yoga lovers.
Indeed, this ISLE is suitably designed to cater for the needs of yoga masters which is evident on the level of hull design down to its smallest features.
ISLE 10’6″ Scout Review — Features & Specs
- Grooved Eva Traction pad
- 2 reinforced grab handles
- 1 large removable fin
- Tie-down system on the tail
- Ankle leash D-ring
- Quality, high-pressure inflation valve rated for up to 17 PSI
- Package includes :
- Carry Bag
- Adjustable Aluminium Paddle
- High Pressure Pump & Gauge
- Removable Center Fin
- Repair Kit
|Dimensions||10'6" Long x 32" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Ultra Durable Military Grade PVC & Drop stitch|
|Weight limit||240 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
|Warranty||60 day ride and love it guarantee + 1 year warranty on materials|
First things first, in terms of length, the ISLE at hand comes at a perfectly compatible 10.6 feet . This is truly one of the most appreciated size ranges in the industry simply because it can accommodate for a large range of users, making your board compatible with friends and family of most sizes. Also, the board’s length does impact performance which will be further discussed under the performance tab.
At 32 inches in width, you would imagine that this board is rather chunky but that’s absolutely not the case. In fact, the 32 inches fit smoothly within the 10’6″ length of the board, giving the board a coherent and authentic look. Further, the board’s width will make it a whole lot easier for you to handle it on water because it is far more stable than boards measuring less than 30 inches. Consequently, the board will make it significantly easier for you to focus on navigation instead of continuously trying to stay on top.
Thickness is not to be dismissed and especially when it’s about inflatable paddle boards. Indeed, thickness can say a lot about your board’s quality as we’ll dwell further upon in the coming segment. Hence, the ISLE 10’6″ Scout paddle board at hand comes at a promising 6 inches in thickness which is what you want to hear, knowing that most cheap paddle boards under 6 inches are prone to bending at the center under a lot of pressure.
Quality is the number one factor to inspect on any product but especially on inflatable stand up paddle boards because the last thing you want is a faulty or easily punctured board. Not to worry however since most famous brands in the industry feature some of the best quality materials which are often a lot harder than you can imagine.
Accordingly, the ISLE 10’6″ Scout Inflatable stand up paddle board at hand is made of ultra durable material, primarily consisting of military grade PVC which is the same materials that army zodiacs and some bullet proof vests are made of. If that doesn’t say enough about the rigidity of the board then I don’t know what would.
Moreover, the board is further enhanced via an industrial drop stitch construction which makes it virtually indestructible. Perhaps that doesn’t mean much on paper but in real life, this board’s build is capable of enduring the strongest clash against tough materials. Also, all ISLE iSUP boards go under a torture test which requires at some point that the board handles the weight of an entire car running it over.
There is so much to look at when admiring the ISLE Scout iSUP at hand but in order to keep this review brief, we will try to point out some of its most glorified features and why that makes it a great Yoga paddle board:
- First and foremost, this ISLE, like many others, features an anti-slip, grooved EVA traction pad. This pad will not only make it easier for you to maintain your balance on top of the board but it’ll also make it easier for you to navigate it while standing upwards.
- The board exhibits a number of D-rings in multiple occasions. First, there are the 4 rings on the tail of the board which are connected by a bungee cord that serves as a cargo net. Then, there is an extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment.
- The ISLE Scout inflatable paddle board also comes with two reinforced grab handles (center, nose) to make transporting the board with loaded gear along riverbeds, docks or shore breaks very simple.
- As far as tracking is concerned, ISLE Scout is featured with a large removable fin.
- ISLE Scout is featured with a high-pressure inflation valve rated for up to 17 PSI that can easily be locked into open or closed position for simple, rapid inflation or deflation.
As far as performance is concerned, the ISLE 10’6″ Scout inflatable paddle board is one of the best performing boards especially for beginners. The importance in the previous statement lies in the last word.
In case you’re a beginner in the sport then you’re simply going to love the skillfulness of this board as it will make it extremely simple for you to navigate it due to the advanced tracking system and the overall design which makes the board significantly more stable than most boards out there. This is another reason why it’s a great board for yoga exercises and meditation.
Packaging is almost a religious ritual for iSUPs since it can make such a huge difference depending on the components of a package.
Accordingly, ISLE thought ahead and made sure to hook up its customers with pretty much everything they’ll need to maintain and actually enjoy their purchase and that includes:
- ISLE Manual iSUP Hand Pump
- ISLE iSUP Travel Bag
- ISLE Hybrid 3 Piece Adjustable SUP Travel Paddle
- ISLE 8′ Coil Leash
- ISLE Nylon Touring Center Fin
- ISLE Scout is a very well made inflatable paddle board
- It’s stylish
- It features the perfect size for most users
- It’s very stable, and it tracks quite well
- It comes in an all-inclusive package
- It takes a bit to get it at the desired pressure.
- The included paddle doesn’t float