As has been the habit, big dollar boards deliver and the ISLE Sportsman is no exception. Truly, ISLE has been the brand for a lot of paddlers, anglers and adventure seekers as it it excels on so many levels despite the raging competition. Therefore, we’re definitely holding the Sportsman iSUP to a high standard and that calls for an in-depth analysis.
ISLE Sportsman Review – Features & Specs
- Soft brushed EVA traction pad for maximum comfort
- Multiple carry handles
- Comes pre-installed with multiple Scotty Mounts
- Multiple bungee systems
- Additional center rail mounted D-Rings
- Tri-fin setup ( Twin Outer Fins + Large removable Center Fin)
- Package includes :
- 3 Piece Aluminum Adjustable Travel Paddle
- High Pressure Pump & Gauge (Inflates to 15 PSI)
- Removable Travel Fin
- Repair Kit
|Dimensions||11'6" Long x 36" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military Grade PVC & Drop stitch|
|Number of D-rings||15 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||2 side fixed fins - 1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||3 carry handles|
|Warranty||30 day no risk guarantee + 1 year warranty on materials|
Accordingly, being marketed as an everybody’s iSUP, it is rather surprising to learn that the Sportsman comes at 11 feet 6 inches in length. Indeed, not only is the board gigantic but it’s also limited to adult paddlers, which is a reasonable sacrifice on the account of comfort.
At 36 inches in width, the board at hand is the widest ISLE ever made, making it a floating island with plenty of room for other activities.
Nonetheless, while the extra width makes this board appealing for beginners, cruisers and anglers, it might be considered a burden for an active paddler.
To wrap it up, the ISLE Sportsman lands a significant 6 inches in thickness, eliminating weakness and inducing weight capacity. Starting with the former, the iSUP at hand is indeed so thick that it will not bend/flex at the center once inflated and that makes it capable of handling extreme activities. Further, thickness enhances the board’s weight capacity as well, pushing it up to 320 pounds.
As far as quality goes, we are convinced that ISLE is an example to follow in the industry and that can be deduced by simply taking a closer look at the board.
If you’re not wearing your contact lenses then perhaps you’d be more interested in hearing about the creation process of the Sportsman fishing iSUP. Undeniably, this board is the closest thing you can get to a hard wood board for two main reasons.
Reason number one, the Sportsman features a special Fusion-Lite construction that entails multiple layers of military grade material condensed together.
Further, the process is not complete until the layers of dense PVC are fused together via an industrial stitching process that pulls all seams tightly and closely together, making the board virtually indestructible.
In fact, you can pretty much run this board over with an SUV and it still wouldn’t budge, signifying that nothing in its designated environment can take it down.
Features are definitely an important stop for many paddlers because it makes a whole lot of difference. Indeed, certain features can alter the type of a board completely as well as determining how practical will it be. Hence, here are the features that ISLE wants you to see in this board:
- First of all, gripping pads are a main attraction for inflatable paddle boards which is why this ISLE equipped this fishing iSUP with a great, soft brushed EVA traction pad that’s meant to give you maximum comfort under the feet and makes it non-abrasive when knee paddling or relaxing on the deck. As an angler, you’ll appreciate this anti-skid pad will provide enough support to keep you in control at all times regardless of the environment.
- Further, this ISLE Sportsman will also come equipped with 2 premium quality cargo nets, consisting of 6 D-rings & 4 D-rings and covering the rest of the board. Undeniably, these nets will come in handy in diverse situations, especially for anglers who tend to carry more equipment that need be secured on board.
- Moreover, the board at hand also equipped with 4 Additional center rail mounted D-Rings to give you the option to add more bungees to your SUP and/or securely strap your cooler or tacklebox without the concern of it falling in.
- For an even more enriching experience, ISLE Sportsman fishing inflatable paddle board features 3 gear mounts on this board that can be used for rod holders as well as your to-go sport camera. These mounts might not be in ideal positions but they will definitely deliver more value than inconvenience.
- For extra convenience, the ISLE Sportsman comes with 3 separate carry handles, distributed cleverly on the surface in order to make individual / paired transportation manageable. This is a feature that you’ll definitely appreciate, especially knowing that this board becomes a literally giant once inflated.
- To seal the deal, this iSUP goes for a triple fin navigation system that prioritizes stability, smooth gliding and tracking over maneuver and action paddle boarding. Hence, if you’re a beginner, an angler or a tour lover then you’ll definitely appreciate the serenity and soft reactions of this board.
Since packaging has always been a big deal for paddlers, ISLE was not about to ruin a great board story with a lousy package. Hence, the brand truly includes everything you’ll need to enjoy and maintain this board and that includes:
- A carbon shaft 3 piece adjustable paddle
- A safety ankle leash
- A premium carry backpack
- A higher performance hand pump
The performance of a board is never arbitrary as it is always intended to serve a certain purpose and with the Sportsman, the purpose is fishing and stability.
Anglers being the main target of this board, it doesn’t come as a surprise to learn that its primary dimensions and navigation system are devoted to creating a balanced yet swift platform that can reduce shake and cut quickly through water. Accordingly, if you’re seeking a younger, more responsive board then you’re digging the wrong hole with this board.
- The ISLE 11’6″ Sportsman is a very well-engineered fishing paddle board
- It’s quite stable and it tracks very well
- It’s a pretty wide paddle board
- It supports riders up to 320 Lbs
- It comes in a complete package
- It comes pre-installed with Scotty Mounts
- It becomes quite rigid and sturdy once inflated to the recommended PSI
- The ISLE Sportsman is a pricey iSUP board
- It can be a bit challenging to control and maneuver this board for novice paddler