The good thing about standup paddle boarding is how friendly of a sport it is; with a little practice, it can easily be picked up by literally anyone. And since there are plenty of quality boards to choose from, children too get to enjoy this water sports.
The Milkshake Boards is a brand that is created by and dedicated for children who are into water sports. The company makes a large line of fun inflatable standup paddle boards with different colors and designs which are sure to entertain the kids.
The iSUP we’re reviewing today is the Strawberry Board which as you may guess is a giant floating strawberry. Just kidding, but it’s so fresh and fruity and we’re sure that any kid who’s into strawberries is going to love it.
Milkshake Boards 8′ Strawberry Review — Features & Specs
- Colorful and comfortable deck pad with integrated center handle
- Rigid Dropstitch & Double-Sided reinforcement
- Tie-down system for carrying personal belongings
- Tri-fin setup
- GoPro mount
- 1 center carry handle
- Package includes :
- Adjustable paddle
- Removable travel fin
- Ankle leash
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||8' Long x 30" Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & dropstitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||6 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin setup (1 large removable fin + 2 side fins)|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
The Length dimension is just perfect; a kid can easily carry the inflated board and walk around with a decent amount of effort. As for thickness, those 4 inches do a great job keeping the board on top of the water if you don’t exceed the weight capacity.
And of course, the 30 inches width is basically the standard even for adults’ boards which means the kids are getting the best of it out there. With such space, any boy or girl will easily balance themselves on the board’s back, lie down or sit to paddle or relax.
The Strawberry Board is absolutely a high definition iSUP that looks and feels great. It’s made of military-grade rigid drop-stitch with a double-sided reinforcement making the whole board really durable and helping it keep its shape over the years.
Also, the technology used to build this board makes it ultra-light yet extra-stiff. Once fully inflated; this iSUP is very hard to bend though there is a little amount of flex; it goes unnoticeable given the weight of a child.
The company gives you a one year warranty with a 60-day money-back guarantee to test the board out in the water which I’m pretty sure the kids
The Strawberry Board is featured with everything that makes stand up paddle boarding as safe and enjoyable as it is. So, first things first;
- This board is featured with a colorful and comfortable deck pad that’ll keep the kids balanced and in control of their feet movement regardless of the water.
- A central carry handle that comes really handy when transporting the inflated board.
- A GoPro mount for anyone who’s interested in documenting their adventures.
- 6 D-rings; 4 of which are connected with a bungee cord on the board’s deck for holding items, one D-ring is for toeing while the last one is for safety leash attachment.
- And finally, a navigation system that consists of 3 fins; the central one is large and removable while the other 2 are fixed smaller twin rubber outer fins.
Now I can proudly say that the Strawberry Board comes in an all-inclusive package so that you as a parent won’t have to bother with anything after you make the order. This package is a very kids-friendly one which will blow their little minds. You’ll find;
- A high-pressure double-action pump and integrated pressure gauge which for some reason the kids love to use.
- An adjustable 3-piece kids paddle that is highly functional with a T-grip made of rubbery material for maximum comfort and control. Once broken down, you can fit it anywhere in the house or car.
- A roller bag backpack that’ll allow you to pack the whole thing in one place.
- An ankle leash for safety.
- And a repair kit.
This is honestly everything anyone would need to kick it off with stand up paddle boarding, and the kids are sure to enjoy it.
Now in terms of balance, the Strawberry Board did a great job offering the kids a stable 30 inches platform to stand on with confidence. It might take couple attempts before a beginner kid gets hold of it, but once that happens, you’ll see them perform all kinds of positions and games on top.
This iSUP is an all-round one making it perfect for touring and recreational paddling; it glides fast and it moves smoothly responding to the
paddler’s body movement and paddling.
Most kids faced no difficulties using one of the Milkshake Boards, and the fact that they are built with the same quality as adult’s iSUP makes it all better and safer for kids.
- The Strawberry Board by Milkshake Board is such a nice iSUP with fresh and fruity design.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package with literally everything you might need.
- It’s featured with GoPro mount for children to document their adventures and watch them later.
- It’s made of military grade drop-stitch and it’s very dense and stiff once fully inflated.
- It also delivers a great performance if terms of stability and control.
- It’s comes with a one year warranty.
- Nothing seemed to be wrong with Strawberry Board; it’s a great kids’ iSUP.