After a decade of being part of the growing inflatable standup paddle boards’ industry, The Peak Paddle Boards have made it through a long way reaching where they are at today.
With a great collection of iSUPs that suit all different riders and interests; the Peak Paddle Boards is here with another multi functional board that is strong, durable and badass looking; the Peak Expedition.
I personally got so excited trying this board out, and since I’ve tested many other iSUPs before this one, I wouldn’t hesitate to say that the Peak Expedition is a great inflatable stand up paddle board that shouldn’t be missed by anyone who’s willing to take standup paddle boarding seriously.
PEAK 11′ Expedition Review — Features & Specs
- Soft EVA deck pad makes it Family and Pet Friendly
- Stable and Great for All Skill Levels & Conditions
- Rear ankle leash D-ring
- Tri-fin setup
- Nose and Tail Carry Handles
- Front and Rear Bungee System for your gear
- Can fit an Extra Person, Dog or Cooler
- Stylish topographic design on Nose and Tail
- Package includes:
- 3 Piece Aluminum Adjustable Travel Paddle
- Carry Back Pack
- High Pressure Dual Action Pump
- Removable Travel Fin (No Tool Required)
- Coil Leash
- BONUS - Waterproof Phone Case
|Dimensions||11' Long x 32" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Drop stitch & Lightweight Military Grade Dual Layer PVC|
|Weight limit||275 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||11 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||3 carry handles|
|Warranty||30 day return guarantee + 1 year material|
The Peak Expedition is a great board given its sharply designed body and neat features. First things first though; this board is 11 feet long which makes it a large iSUP with endless possibilities for all different activities; long distance touring, recreational paddling, fitness and more.
Even better; the Peak Expedition is 32 wide which brings me to talk about the fact that this board was built and designed with fishing in mind. Yes; the Peak Expedition is wide enough to maintain a great balance in flat water especially for fishing enthusiasts.
As for thickness, the Peak Expedition is 6 inches thick which is known to be the best in the market compared to many other iSUPs that are barely 4 inches thick. I’m not saying that 4 inches are bad, but it’s a fact; the thicker the board the more stable and stiff it’ll be. Also, the thickness aspect on this board allows it to support up to 275 lbs which could be 2 fully grown up adults.
To make any inflatable product worth going for, brands like the Peak Paddle Boards knew that it’s necessary to reinforce their boards up to maximum so as to be able to compete in a market that sells quality and practicality.
The Peak Expedition is made of top quality military-grade PVC material that makes sure the board is super tough and hard once fully inflated. This material is quite durable and it’s meant to last for years if it properly stored.
Another thing about this iSUP’s quality is the drop-stitch technology that holds all of the board’s part together in a way that makes it look like one piece which is a sign of professional and precise body construction.
The Peak Expedition is built using multi-layers to make it thicker, stiffer and durable. Thus, and as a recommendation; being a friendly user is going to only serve prolong your board’s life span.
It’s always this part that makes standup paddle boarding outstanding. These features that we’re going to see are what encourage a lot of people to go for this friendly water sport. Let’s start with what’s obvious:
- The Peak Expedition comes in 2 beautiful colors; aqua and moss. The aqua leans towards making the board a watery and spiritual iSUP, while the moss seems to look rigged and adventurous. With the topographic design; both look great to be honest.
- This board also comes with 2 carry handles; one is central, while the other is on the board’s tail. They both come really handy when moving the inflated board around, or pulling it out of water.
- Next, there are two storage areas; one is on the front, like usual, with 6 rigid stainless steel D-rings that are connected with a durable bungee cord. The second storage area is near the board’s end with 4 D-rings and a bungee cord as well. This space is meant for anyone who needs or wants to take a cooler on board either for snack and drinks, or for fishing, as it won’t take up much space given the fact that the board is 11 feet long.
- There is an 11th D-ring on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- Also, the Peak Expedition is featured with a great brushed EVA pad that covers most of the board’s back making very easy to move safely without your feet skidding.
- And finally, this awesome board is featured with a great trio-fin navigation system which would turn any board into a highly versatile one. The central fin is large and removable while the other two are smaller and fixed.
If anything at all, this board is quite perfect when it comes to its features and how functional they are.
To begin with, this board is something when it comes to balance. Being 11 feet long and 32 inches wide is not something to take slightly. The width of the Peak Expedition is a huge plus; it make it super stable, very sturdy, as it also helps the rider pick up the basic techniques of stand up paddle boarding in no time.
The thickness of the Peak Expedition and how stiff it is leave no room for flexing even when you reach max weight capacity. The board will remain being stable and easy going with great responding to the paddle and body movement even if there were 2 riders or extra cargo on board.
Moreover, this board is not wobbly at all; it tracks beautifully in flat water thanks to the neat navigation system, as it helps you maintain your body balance thanks to the thick traction pad, and to how large and wide it is.
All in all, and honestly, there is no issue whatsoever with this board that can affect its performance; it’s smooth, strong and pretty responsive in different ways.
- A floatable adjustable 3 piece Alloy paddle with a nylon blade.
- A strong travel backpack where you can transport or store the whole thing. its quality is great with really nice patted straps.
- A 10 feet coil ankle leash that matches the board’s color.
- A water proof phone case as a gift.
- The previously mentioned large removable fin.
- And a high pressure dual action 15 psi pump with gauge.
One thing is missing; a repair kit. It’s sad for such a great iSUP to miss something like this that could’ve been easily added to the package. However; being a friendly user might result in never needing a repair kit.
- The Peak Expedition comes in a great all-inclusive package.
- It comes in two different colors.
- It comes with matching accessories.
- It’s super stable in flat water.
- It does great for a touring iSUP or fishing.
- It comes with huge storage area on both the deck and tail.
- Its body design and construction are clean cut and super rigid.
- You’ll get 30 day return guarantee and a year warranty.
- It would be so lame to say anything here, but let’s keep it professional and say that the Peak Expedition’s package lacks a repair kit which could be needed on the long run.