Peak Paddle Boards is definitely one of the OG inflatable paddle board brands and that entails a lot more than just a long history. Indeed, this manufacturer has managed to invade the market of iSUPs with a little wisdom and a lot of dedication to the client.
In fact,Peak Paddle Boards is one of the few iSUP brands that actually constantly puts out products that would fit the needs and requirements of each and every potential customer; which is why, nowadays, you can find about every size and type of Peak iSUPs out there but it doesn’t stop there.
Say hello to the Peak all-around iSUP which is one of the brand’s latest and shiniest boards and it has a lot to say:
Peak 10’6″ All-Around Review — Features & Specs
- Constructed with military-grade PVC & Drop stitch
- Great for all skill levels and conditions
- 6 point mounted bungee system to store all the gear
- Comfort diamond groove traction pad
- 1 center carry handle + a nose mounted carry handle for easy transport along the shore
- One large removable fin
- Can fit an Extra Person, Dog or Cooler
- Package includes :
- 3 Piece Aluminum Adjustable Travel Paddle
- Coil Ankle Leash
- Carry Back Pack
- High Pressure Dual Action Pump with Pressure Gauge (Inflates to 15 PSI)
- Removable Travel Fin (No Tool Required)
|Dimensions||10'6" Long x 31" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & dropstitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||12 -15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large center fin|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
|Warranty||30 day guarantee + 1 year warranty|
Measurements are undeniably a big deal, almost as big of a deal as quality because it can directly impact your experience with a board. So, it’s important to make sure that the board at hand is the right fit for you.
Length is always a critical dimension for boards of all kinds, hence why, Peak decided to go with a generic 10’6″. At this exact length, the board is guaranteed to be compatible with a large slice of customers.
Accordingly, if you’re a teenager, a young adult or an adult then you’re pretty much set to go here.
Also, it is important to note that the length of the board will definitely impact its performance and in this case positively. (learn more under the performance tab).
Further, the width of the board is often crucial since it can have a significant impact on your experience especially for beginners.
Indeed, depending on the width of the board, it can either be a breeze or a continuous pain in the butt; which is why the Peak comes at an exact 31 inches in width, thereby dismissing all your concerns.
Truly, with a board this wide, you won’t have to worry about constantly trying to stay on top whenever you decide to stand up. The board will indefinitely help you maintain your balance and especially in strong currents.
Down at the bottom, our latest concern is always thickness and that should definitely change because when you talk quality then you cannot dismiss this dimension. Hence, the Peak comes at 6 inches in thickness which perfectly eliminates the possibility of bending/flexing the board at the center under continuous use / excessive weight.
This is indeed a concern for thinner boards and that’s why this board is definitely going to hold up in the long run.
As is our motto, Peak Paddle Boards also believes that quality always comes first; which is reasonable considering the fact that the biggest complaints in the industry are of durability and rigidity.
Accordingly, Peak Paddle Boards decided to go with a military grade PVC hull for the Peak because it simply doesn’t get better than that. Indeed, this is the same stuff that is used to build zodiacs and bulletproof vests and that’s the epitome of durability.
Further, the brand also goes with an industrial drop stitch construction for all its inflatable boards because it perfectly seals all seems and gives the board a robust and complete feeling which is hardly ever the case with glue mounted iSUPs.
Now, features are pretty much the essence of any inflatable paddle board. However, let’s take a moment to observe the subtle and dynamic design of the Peak. Indeed, this board is one of the best looking inflatable paddle boards out there and that encompasses both colours and design. Speaking of which, the board at hand comes in 3 different colours: Aqua, Blue and White. As for features:
- We always have the habit of beginning at the Pad because we personally believe that it’s the one of the most important features in an inflatable paddle board. Hence, the board at hand comes with an anti slipping EVA pad that will make it easier for you to maintain a firm grip on the board which will thereby improve your command over it.
- In terms of practicality, Peak decided to reinforce the individuality of paddle boarding by granting you a central carry handle that will enable you to single handedly carry the board on land. However, Peak also comes with an extra handle on the nose for extra help or simply to tow / secure the board on water.
- Further, the Peak features an impressive set of D-rings on the nose of the board, forming a much needed cargo net. The bungee cord connected 6 D-rings are going to come in handy one way or another across your journey but typically, the net is usually employed to secure paddles, footwear, sunglasses, fishing gear and so on. Moreover, the board is also equipped with one extra D-ring n the tail for safety leash attachment.
- Moreover, navigation is always a concern for most paddlers but there is no reason to maintain such concern knowing that the Peak Paddle Boards all-around iSUP comes with a single fin navigation system. The single fin system might not grant you the best tracking but it’ll definitely put more command at your disposal.
In terms of performance, it is important to keep in mind that this is by no means a competitive/racing paddle board. Nevertheless, the Peak is still one hell of an iSUP.
Indeed, this board is tactfully designed to cruise smoothly through different water environments, ranging anywhere from steady lakes to relatively shallow waters. The smooth nose and cut tail will give beginners the extra stability they need while still maintaining the ability to cut through water like a sword.
Further, the dimensions of the board and single fin navigation system make a great combo that will grant you a better command and balance on the board which are the two things you need to look for in any board.
Packaging is undeniably important for inflatable paddle boards because literally half the board is in the bundle, which is why Peak decided to reinforce the package of the Peak by the following equipment:
- Collapsible light paddle
- High pressure hand pump
- Coiled leash
- Carry bag back pack to fit all the above + board
- Peak Paddle Boards all-around iSUP is very well put-together
- It’s stylish and comes in three different colors
- It comes in a complete all-inclusive package
- It’s reasonably priced
- It’s quite stable and tracks well in various water conditions
- It can support up to 300lbs
- We couldn’t think of any