The Red Paddle Co is a decade old name that managed to outgrow all of the expectations when it came to what it’s capable of. Today, once you spot the Red Paddle logo on any product you’d probably feel safer because that’s a brand you can trust.
John Hibbard, the co-founder of The Red Paddle Co Company, wanted a board that’ll save him the traveling and transporting troubles all at once without compromising quality or performance. It wasn’t easy but someone had to do it as he said.
In this review, we’re going to talk about the Voyager & Voyager+ iSUP which comes in two different sizes for different performances and skill levels.
Red Paddle Co Voyager & Voyager+ Review – Features & Specs
- Red embossed diamond cut deck pad offers unrivalled grip
- RSS battens for increased stiffness and glid
- Multiple embroidered carry handles
- Two tie-down systems (Nose & Tail)
- Nose runner fin
- Tri-fin setup
- Package includes:
- Paddle board
- Red paddle co Paddle
- Dual Action Pump
- Travel Backpack
- Coiled Leash
- Large Fin
|Material||Military Grade PVC & Drop Stitch|
|Weight limit||330 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||11 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One Large Fin|
|Carry handles||5 carry handles|
|Warranty||2 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
The Red Paddle Co Voyager is introduced to us in 2 sizes and they’re as follows; the 12.6 feet long, 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick board and the 13.2 feet long, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick one.
They look a little different because they’re meant to perform differently which offers more choices for water enthusiasts especially that stand up paddle boarding is a very friendly water sports that’s accessible to everyone.
The (13’2”) is larger and sharper but also slimmer which boots the board’s speed and swiftness. Also, being more than a foot longer will allow you to bring more cargo on board. The (12’6”) however is more of an all-round iSUP that can handle weight and long distance touring very nicely.
The thing is that both these boards are 6 inches thick and that means that it’s nearly impossible to get them to be capsized or submerged under water.
I know that this part is everyone’s first concern when thinking about purchasing inflatable products. However, the Red Paddle Co assures their clients that quality is the last thing they need to worry about because they are obsessed with making inflatable paddle boards that speak for themselves. Both Voyagers are made using the most innovative materials and pioneering manufacturing techniques.
The Red Paddle Co offers 2 year warranty on their iSUPs and since they’re made of heavy duty PVC material and quality drop-stitch material that is fused with a second layer of hard-wearing polymer; these iSUPs are meant to last a life time if you don’t plan on puncturing them on purpose.
The only thing you really need to do is making sure you use and store your inflatable sup board away from sharp items. Other than that, a car could run over the Voyager without leaving a scratch on it.
The Red Paddle Co is one of the companies that pay so much attention to details and how everything is put together and that eventually results in an inflatable standup paddle board that looks authentic and professional. Both Voyagers are fully equipped and these are the features you should expect on them:
- 10 stainless steel D-rings that perform as storage areas; one on the front and the other at the board’s end. Both these areas are featured with a bungee cord on the Voyager 13’2” while there is one bungee cord only on the smaller version.
- These iSUPs are also featured with multiple carry handles for a smooth transportation process.
- Next, there is a Removable FCS US Box Fin on both boards offering a sharp and smooth tracking. Also, there are two runners next to the fin to stop the tail from drifting. Not only that, there is a third runner underneath the nose to keep the board in a straighter course than ever.
- Both Voyagers can handle up to 330 lbs which is enough to carry everything you need on board for a long touring trip.
- The Traction pad on the Voyager 12.6 is larger and it covers more than half the board’s back. On the other hand, the Voyager 13.2 got a smaller pad but you’ll find 3 grippy stripes at the board’s end where you can secure your cargo.
- Finally, the Red Paddle Co Voyager is featured with RSS battens to ensure the board remains stiff when loaded and in action.
The Voyager comes in a super neat package that includes:
- The board itself.
- A removable fin.
- A Red Paddle co paddle.
- A Titan dual-action hand pump.
- A quality backpack that’s super rigid and tough with rolling wheels for easy transportation.
- A repair kit
- And water-resistant phone case.
The Red Paddle Co Voyager in its both versions is meant to slice the water quickly and effortlessly hence the sharp fin and additional runners. Now given the size of these boards one can only guess that they’re meant for intermediate to advanced skill level rides because though it’s not hard to veer it’s still a big guy for a beginner. Still, the amount of balance provided by these two big guys could be exactly what a beginner needs.
The Voyager 12.6 is one of the best touring iSUPs with its all-round design that’s versatile and 100% functional. The bigger Voyager is obviously sharper with a pointed nose that’s meant to boost speed and maneuverability.
- Getting a Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP is no way a bad deal.
- The Voyager is one hell of a versatile board that’s stable, durable and highly professional.
- It comes in one of the nicest and neatest packages with a rolling backpack.
- The Red Paddle Co featured the Voyager with RSS battens for a board that’s harder and stiffer.
- The build quality of the voyager is amongst the best in the market.
- Red Paddle Co products are a quite pricey compared to other brands but that’s comprehensible because you get what you pay for, and getting the Voyager means that you’re getting a top notch iSUP.