There are quite a few variables that determine the extent to which an inflatable paddle board is dependable. Accordingly, there are only a few brands out there which successfully managed to check all those boxes and that includes none other than Supflex.
Indeed, Supflex is one of the few iSUP brands on the market that has managed to pull off an almost perfect rating on all its boards which doesn’t come as a surprise taking into consideration the work and determination it goes into each.
The best example of the Supflex inventory has got to be the Carlos Burle inflatable paddle board at hand which is designed by the big wave world champion Carlos Burle. So, let’s see what this board has to offer.
Supflex 10’8″ Carlos Burle Review — Features & Specs
- Built with military-grade PVC and drop-stitch construction inside
- Extra thick and durable 6" double-wall drop stitch material for stability and stiffness
- Neoprene center carry handle for best comfort and painless transport
- 1 removable large center fin
- Package includes:
- High pressure double action hand pump with pressure gauge (inflate 50% faster!)
- 3-piece adjustable FLOATING aluminum paddle
- Top quality Backpack Bag
- Coiled Leash
- Repair Kit
|Dimensions||10'8" Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch construction|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||1 Rear ankle leash D-ring|
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large detachable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
Hence, the Supflex at hand stands at a very welcoming 10 feet 8 inches in length which has become almost a universal size for entry level paddle boards since it can cover a wide range of paddlers. Accordingly, this Supflex is designed to fit grown teenagers, young adults and adults alike.
Further, the board also stands at a precise point which will definitely grant it the necessary buoyancy to overcome most environments easily. [See the performance tab for more information].
Additionally, no board can be considered solely on the premise that it is long enough. Hence, the makers of this iSUP decided to go with a precise 30 inches in width, striking almost a perfect length to width ratio and giving this board the stability every beginner needs. Indeed, at 30 inches, you’ll have enough room to move around and adjust yourself comfortable onboard without the risk of falling off accidentally.
Last, the Supflex Carlos Burle comes at an impressive 6 inches in thickness which couldn’t have been any better. There is a common concern amongst paddlers out there based on the thickness of inflatable SUPs because paddlers noticed that thin boards tend to bend at the center under excessive pressure. Nonetheless, at 6 inches, that concern is certainly eliminated and quality will definitely benefit as well.
Speaking of quality, inflatable paddle boards are not necessarily the toughest thing on earth because after all they are inflatable. However, it is important to note that this isn’t just another floating ‘thing’.
Indeed, the Supflex Carlos Burle iSUP is made out of the toughest PVC materials, double layered and enhanced technologically to endure the toughest circumstances. The stuff out of which this iSUP is made can also be found in zodiac boats, river rafts and bulletproof vests.
Further, to eliminate any doubt, the board’s makers decided to further enhance its strength via an industrial drop stitch construction that pulls it tight together and leaves no room for undesired mishaps.
Now, truth be told: if not for certain features, it would be definitely difficult to choose inflatable boards over rigid ones. Hence, the Supflex at hand is going to definitely help make that choice easier for you since it features a few interesting details that will hook you up.
- The board’s main attraction needs be the massive gripping pad because it’s just there. The pad covers almost the entirety of the board’s back and that will come in very handy for beginners and pros alike. Indeed, the pad will enhance your stability and balance as well as your grip and command over the board.
- Moreover, this Supflex Carlos Burle iSUP has got to be the representative of the brand by now since it has accumulated a lot of positive reviews solely based on its shape. Indeed, the design of the board is one of its selling points because it is shaped like a kayak, giving it a more enthusiastic feel and also improving its performance.
- A board this large would not work without a central carry handle because it’s just impossible to carry individually otherwise. In fact, if it weren’t for the central carry handle at the center, you’d have so much trouble with this board once inflated and that will quickly become a main annoyance.
- Beside its practical carry handle, the Supflex Carlos Burle board also comes with a tail D-ring for attaching the included ankle leash.
In terms of performance, it must be noted as a preface that this is still a recreational board which is designed with a beginners in mind. Accordingly, this Supflex Carle Burle iSUP is developed to suit the needs and requirements of a beginning paddlers, making it a solid entry level paddle board.
Without question, the board at hand is as stable as you’d like it to be which is ensured by the wide platform, smooth edges and wide tail which will make it harder to disturb even on choppy water.
Also, the Supflex Carlos Burle inflatable paddle board is meant for those of you who want a fun & exciting board that can still be used for relaxation, meditation, touring, yoga and even sun bathing.
As for agility, the board’s sharp nose and practical navigation system will help you tremendously manoeuver and adjust to currents even if you’re a complete beginner. Indeed, the board’s single fin will definitely enhance your agility but it will require some guidance to track properly.
Fortunately, Supflex Carlos Burle iSUP comes in an all-inclusive package to ensure that you have everything you need to maintain this board and actually enjoy your experience & that includes:
- Dual action high pressure hand pump
- Removable fin
- 3 piece adjustable aluminum travel paddle
- Ankle leash
- The Supflex Carlos Burle is a very well-engineered inflatable paddle board.
- It’s Designed by the big wave world champion Carlos Burle.
- It’s featured with a narrowed shape which provides great maneuverability and good glide on the water, making it faster and more agile than other most entry level all-Around boards
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It can take up to 300 lbs
- It has 2 year warranty which covers everything outside of normal wear & tear.
- The Supflex Carlos Burle iSUP isn’t featured with a tie down system.