Standup paddle boarding is more than just a friendly water sport; the people behind making these inflatable SUPs are all about living your best life while offering you an outlet to nature and water.
Thurso Surf’s team takes its mission very seriously because it’s not only a job that needs to get done but it’s also their passion. Thus, we can say that the Thurso Surf Expedition Touring SUP is made with lots of love and professionalism offering everyone a chance to experience how it feels to go on a luxurious and fun water trip.
THURSO SURF Expedition Review – Features & Specs
- Large EVA deckpad
- Large Front tie-down system.
- Tie-down system on the tail
- Multiple D-ring mounting points around the pad for kayak seat attachment
- Ankle leash D-ring
- High pressure inflation valve
- 2 carry handles (front, center)
- 3 Removable fins
- Includes :
- Expedition Inflatable SUP
- 3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle
- 2+1 Removable Quick Lock Toolless Fin Set
- Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump
- 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
- Storage and Carry Roller Backpack
|Dimensions||11'6" Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||DOUBLE LAYER construction with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC|
|Weight limit||330 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||15 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 Removable Fins (2+1 Quick Lock)|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
The Thurso Surf Expedition is 11 feet and 6 inches long making it a great option for touring and long distance paddling. It’ll also work super nicely for large riders or for anyone who’s into packing everything they need for their expeditions.
Now this board is only 30 inches wide and that’s for a reason; the wider the board the slower it’ll be, and since this board is meant for long distance touring, paddling it has to be smooth, swift and easy, hence, the Thurso Surf Expedition iSUP is slimmer for a better and faster performance.
In terms of thickness, this board still got the unbeatable 6 inches to boost the balance aspect and keep the iSUP floating even when it reaches maximum weight capacity (330 lbs).
The people behind Thurso Surf’s iSUPs went beyond passion to perfect their production. The Expedition Touring iSUP board could easily be put on the list of the top toughest iSUPs on the market.
Thurso used the strongest iSUP structure on the market, featuring DOUBLE LAYER construction with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the deck and sides. The TWO-layer PVC coated tarpaulin is bonded to a PVC coated drop stitch core while the deck and bottom layers are capped with two extra side wraps. It might sound like it’s too many layers and work but it’s actually what makes the SUP board lightweight, extremely durable, with a performance similar to that of a hardboard.
As a brand, Thurso Surf promises Top Engineering + Best Materials + Deluxe Accessories + Second-to-None Service with each and every product of theirs and that’s something you can feel once you try one of their iSUPs.
- Boards like the Thurso Surf Expedition Touring SUP make me feel like an 8 year old who just got a new toy. Looking at this board alone can rise your adrenaline level up; I mean look at it, this board is super sharp with an awesome wooden graphic design printed on it making it all luxurious, authentic and sporty.
- In addition to how good looking this board is, the Expedition Touring iSUP comes with a great traction pad that covers half it’s back; it’s impossible for your feet to slip or slide even when there’s water. It’s also super patted and soft offering you maximum comfort and composure.
- You’ll also find 2 storage areas; the first one on the deck with 6 D-rings and a bungee cord while the second is on the tail with 4 D-rings. This feature is what makes standup paddle boards what they are; you can pack whatever you want on board and you’ll still have enough space for yourself.
- There are 2 carry handles; a central one so you can single handedly carry the inflated board around and another on the nose for when you pull the board into or outside the water.
- Moreover, the feature that makes a noticeable difference in a board’s performance is the navigation system. This board has 3 removable fins that are durable and sharp to make sure the board cuts smoothly in different water conditions with great tracking and lowest drag.
- Finally, the Thurso Surf Expedition is featured with 4 additional D-rings on the sides and those can be used in different ways including attaching a kayak seat.
- A CARBON shaft paddle is far superior to those made from aluminum or fibreglass. It weighs only 2 lbs.! It’s stronger, it floats, and it can be converted to a kayak paddle with an extra blade (sold separately).
- A roller travel backpack to make storing and transporting this big guy and easy task.
- An Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump.
- The previously mentioned 3 removable fins.
- And a 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash.
First things first, the name of this board says it all; the Thurso Surf Expedition Touring iSUP. It’s one hell of a versatile board that’ll allow you to try different water activities depending on the water condition.
Now though the board is only 30 inches wide, it remains a stable board that can handle weight just perfectly. However, a beginner might need some time to master this board given its size and specifications.
This Thurso Surf Expedition is a fast boy; the pointy nose and slim deck make knifing through the water smooth and effortless and that comes really handy in choppy waters for you to perform some tricks and maneuvers. That being said, you can either surf, race or just chill on a personal expedition using the same board.
- The Thurso Surf Expedition Touring SUP is a totally versatile board that can be used for surfing, long distance touring and even racing if you have it in you.
- It comes in a complete package with a great roller backpack.
- It’s super tough, durable and stable.
- The brand offers you 2 years warranty.
- And it’s a very good looking iSUP.
The only thing we’d call a con here is the fact that the package is missing its own repair kit.