I don’t know about you, but we think that THURSO SURF has one of the greatest iSUP lines in the market. They make super durable boards with beautiful and innovative designs that are guaranteed to please everyone. Now if you still don’t own one of their board, this could be the day you’ll stop missing out.
In this review, we’ll be talking about the THURO Surf Max Multi-Purpose iSUP which guessing by the name is a multi-functional board that’s extremely versatile and very enjoyable to use.
THURSO SURF Max Review — Features & Specs
- Large grooved traction pad
- 2 Tie-down system - One on the nose and One on the tail
- 1 Extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 3 Carry handles
- Tri-fin setup
- Package includes :
- Max Inflatable SUP
- 3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle
- 2+1 Removable Quick-Lock Toolless Fin Set
- Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump
- 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
- Storage and Carry Roller Backpack
|Dimensions||11'6" Long x 34 Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military Grade PVC|
|Weight limit||370 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||15 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 Removable fin|
|Carry handles||3 carry handles|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
The MAX is a big guy to say the least; it’s one of THURSO’s largest boards with 11 feet and 6 inches in length, 34 inches in width and it’s 6 inches thick. We don’t want to exaggerate things but these are literally the best dimensions that could ever be given to an all-round iSUP.
A 6 inches thick board will always keep you floating even when the board is fully loaded and reached max capacity. What’s even better is that the MAX is 34 inches wide; it means that this board is amazingly stable and that makes it a super versatile board.
A beginner can quickly and easily adjust to this friendly water sport with a board like the MAX, while a rider with an advanced skill level can rock some Yoga routines on it or hit some running waters for fun…the choice is all yours.
All in all, though some of you might find the MAX to be big for beginners, but it is actually one of the most suitable boards for everyone.
This is what defines the line between hard and soft boards and THURSO SURF is well aware of that. This brand uses quality materials that are second to none in order to build durable and functional iSUPs that are up to standup paddle boarding’s community.
The MAX is definitely a tough board with multiple layers of PVC material, high tenacity nylon, drop stitch, and UV resistant coating. Everything is seamlessly glued together so that the parts and layers look like one perfect piece.
THURSO SURF also offers a 2-year warranty to make it clear that they trust and stand behind their products. If not for something super sharp dinging the board in some kind of accident, the MAX Multi-Purpose should last you a lifetime.
- The MAX comes in a beautiful blue color with neat wooden strips design on the deck; it’s simples, timeless, and sharp which makes it a suitable option for both men and women though I know for a fact that other color options would’ve been appreciated.
- There is also a great traction pad; it’s actually one of the softest pads you could lay your feet on. It’s almost impossible to slip while on it as well; the traction is so real nothing is sliding off the board.
- Next, there are 2 storage areas on the MAX; one on the front with 6 D-rings and the other on the tail with 4. The bungee cords used here are super tough and flexible to secure all kinds of different items and cargo.
- Moreover, this board is featured with a paddle holder on the side so you’ll never have to worry about losing it or where to safely put it for a break.
- Another feature that adds to the board’s versatility is the additional 4 D-rings on the sides. They’ll allow you to use a kayak seat so that you won’t have to stand all the time and paddle.
- And of course, the navigation system is one of the most important features when it comes to standup paddle boarding and the MAX got a really good one with 3 removable fins. They are all Quick Lock Toolless fins which make attaching/detaching them super easy. Also, packing the deflated board is safer and faster with all the fins removed.
- Last but not least. This board is featured with 3 rigid carry handles; one of which is central while the other two are on each end of the board. Carrying the MAX iSUP using only one hand is easily doable with minimum effort.
As far as it could get for an iSUP, the MAX Multi-Purpose is one that is super stable and steady and that makes it great for all kinds of water activities.
This board is outstanding on flat water, it tracks perfectly straight thanks to the trio-fin navigation system and if you want to test it in some waves and enjoy some speed then you can use the large central fin alone to achieve that.
Even more than that; this board being so wide and thick makes it easy for beginners to handle it even if it’s their first iSUP ever. And for skilled riders; controlling this board is a pleasant easy task because it’s pretty responsive and up to some maneuvers.
All in all, there is really nothing wrong with this board’s performance, especially in flat water. On the contrary, expect the MAX to only be up to your expectations after this review.
A great 3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle that’s very light as it also floats
An Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump
A 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
And a Storage and Carry Roller Backpack where you can fit the whole thing.
The MAX Multi-Purpose is an all-round iSUP that’s versatile, durable and can be a lot of fun.
It’s super wide making it one hell of a stable board.
The board comes in a complete package with a high-quality roller backpack.
The included fin is actually floatable.
The MAX is actually good for all skill levels.
It comes with a 2-year warranty.
Nothing that we can think of at the moment.