When an inflatable standup paddle board is too good, the company tends to make many models of it with different sizes and dimensions to make sure everyone finds the best iSUP for their interest.
THURSO SURF is one hell of a dedicated brand with plenty of great boards that are easily making it to the top of the best iSUPs’ list on the market. In this review, we’re going to introduce the Waterwalker All-Around SUP and see why going for a THURSO SURF board is never a wrong choice.
THURSO SURF Waterwalker Review — Features & Specs
- Military grade PVC & Rigid Drop-stitch
- Rolls up into a tight, compact package for simple transporting & simpler storage
- 3 carry handles
- Two tie-down systems; One on the nose and another one on the tail.
- Comfortable EVA Deck Pad
- Gorgeous wood stripe top layer
- Multiple D-rings around the pad
- Tri-fin setup ( Twin outer fins + Large center fin)
- Ankle leash attachment D-ring
- 2 year warranty
- Package includes :
Waterwalker Inflatable SUP
- 3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle
- 2+1 Removable Quick Lock Fin Set
- Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump
- 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
- Storage and Carry Roller Backpack
|Material||DOUBLE LAYER construction |
with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the deck and side
|Weight limit|| |
|Number of D-rings||15 D-rings |
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 removable fin|
|Carry handles||3 center carry handles|
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
The Waterwalker comes in 3 models that differ in size and some minor aspects. We’ll mention all of them and talk about the differences you need to know about.
- The first board is Model 120: it’s 10 feet long, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick. It can handle 260 lbs while it only weighs 24 lbs. This model is obviously designed for small riders though the weight capacity is more than enough to handle a large person.
- Our second board is Model 126: it’s 10 feet and 6 inches long, 31 inches wide and 6 inches thick. Not much of a difference compared to the previous model but this one can easily handle a solid 300 lbs and it’s 2 pounds heavier.
- Last but not least, Model 132: now this one is presented to us with two different options; the Model 132 and the 132 New with Minor Scuff. They are both 11 feet long, 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick but the latter comes with “some scuffs on the deck. These come from the production process and are purely aesthetic issues, which will not affect the durability or performance in any way.” However, what I’d like you know is that the model with minor scuff is almost 70 dollars cheaper if that helps with anything.
THURSO SURF is way too serious when it comes to the materials’ choices used to build their inflatable iSUPs. The Waterwalker is a tough board that can be inflated up to 15 psi and that’s enough to make it feel as stiff as a hard board. Now this doesn’t come from nothing; THUSO SURF used “the strongest iSUP structure on the market, featuring DOUBLE LAYER construction with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the deck and side”. Technically, there is a total of 5 layers on each of these models and they are all glued and stitched together in a way that it all seems and feels like one solid piece.
There is the UV coating to protect the board even when it’s directly exposed to the sun. Also, there is a high tenacity polyester layer plus 2 layers of military grade PVC. The same goes for the drop stitch core; it consists of PVC, polyester and nylon drop stitch. Now this might sound like it’s a lot or unreal but that’s what it really is when we’re talking quality iSUPs, and that’s how you get both an extremely durable and light weight board.
You can always opt for a cheaper board but once you go for something like THURSO SURF’s iSUPs, you’ll know you can’t go wrong with what you’ve chosen.
- The Waterwalker is a fully equipped iSUP with every single aspect known to this friendly water sport and that goes for all of the 3 models. Thus, on the deck, you’ll find a storage area with 6 D-rings and a bungee cord that’ll allow you secure whatever cargo you decide to bring on board with you.
- There is a second storage are on the board’s tail with 4 D-rings this time and it’s a great add given the fact that this board is meant for long distance touring.
- Next, you’ll find 3 carry handles; one of which is central so that you can carry the board single handedly with minimum effort, while the other two are on each end for when you need to pull or drag the board.
- The board is featured with an outstanding traction pad that’s super thick adding to the whole board’s stiffness and rigidity. Your feet won’t be complaining either because this pad is super soft as well.
- There is a paddle holder on the side where you can secure your paddle and that’s not something you find on all iSUPs. It’s a pretty neat and cool feature that’ll make sure you don’t lose your paddle or be uncomfortable worrying about it all the time.
- Moreover, the Waterwalker comes with a trio-fin navigation system where the 3 fins are all removable so that you get to choose your paddling style. They’re very easy to attach/detach and having them off when packing the board is way easier and safer.
- Last but not least, there are 4 extra D-rings on this board offering you more possibilities to how you can use it. You can attach a kayak seat or a cooler in case you’re getting the model 132… and more.
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker is an all-round board that’s great for recreational paddling, touring and even yoga. It’s a stable board with great aspects to it. The fact that all the fins are removable here will allow you ride this board in different water conditions. If you’re interested in speed and you want to rock some choppy water you could use the large fin alone, and if you need to chill and enjoy a smooth straight tracking you can use the whole set and violà; you’ve got it all.
We can’t promise you that the Waterwalker is a fast board but it’s won’t disappoint you that’s for sure because it’s very responsive, not wobbly at all and it’s pretty stiff once fully inflated to enhance you balance.
3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle that can float and that’s way lighter than the regular aluminum paddle.
An Inflate/deflate Double Action Pump that’s easy to transport and use.
A 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash to always keep your board near you in the water.
And Storage and Carry Roller Backpack to make traveling and walking with an iSUP an easy task. It’s very well made and durable to protect the iSUP.
The only thing missing here is a repair kit but let’s hope you never need it.
The Waterwalker comes in 3 different sizes for everyone.
It’s a fully equipped board with 2 storage areas, a paddle holder…and more.
It’s an extremely tough and durable board.
It comes in an all inclusive package with a roller backpack.
It’s a stable and versatile board.
- We couldn’t think of any downfalls with the Thurso Surf Waterwalker iSUP