As a brand, Vilano is globally known for its premier quality bikes which managed to satisfy different clients with different needs all around the world. However, Vilano does not only make bikes; if you give it a quick look you’ll find a whole bunch of different items and accessories on their website.
Today, we’ll present to you one of Vilano’s top-rated inflatable stand up paddle boards which is a pretty cool and highly functional paddle board.
Vilano Journey Review — Features & Specs
- Comfort diamond groove traction pad for all day paddling
- A practical cargo tie-down system for securing your belongings
- Extra D-rings for kayak seat attachment
- Side rail D-rings on the side rail for shoulder strap attachment.
- 1 center carry handle
- 1 large detachable center fin
- Package includes:
- Fully adjustable paddle
- Pump with pressure gauge
- Removable center fin
- Patch/valve wrench
- Shoulder strap
|Dimensions||9'9" Long x 30" Wide x 5" Thick|
|Material||High grade PVC material with Korean Drop-Stitch construction|
|Weight limit||240 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||11 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
I’d say that the Vilano Journey is 10 feet long though the description says it’s 9 feet and 9 inches; I mean an inch isn’t going to make that big of a difference when speaking length. This board is perfect for entry- to intermediate -level riders.
Another aspect for the Vilano Journey is its width; this board does pretty well with those 30 inches keeping the board stable and very manageable. With just a little research, you’ll find that most iSUPs rarely go beyond 30 or 31 inches which is taken as a norm I’d say. That being said, getting this board you should be really comfortable and assured with what you got.
Last but not least, the Vilano journey is 5 inches thick which is really good for a 10 feet long iSUP. This board can comfortably take up to 240 lbs without flexing or submerging into water, and as a beginner, it won’t be difficult to get the grip of it.
For any brand that seeks the durability of their iSUPs, PVC material is not something to miss. The Vilano Journey is built using high quality PVC material that will stand against natural and human damage for a long period of time.
Also, the same material makes sure the board is rock hard once fully inflated which is something necessary for any inflatable product to maintain its shape and performance throughout out the years.
Speaking of shape; the dropstitch material/technology uses hundreds and thousands of specifically designed threads to hold the parts of the board together and make it feel like one large piece which adds to the rigidity and sturdiness of the board.
If anything at all, the Vilano Journey is meant to serve its purpose for years without failing especially if you’re a friendly user which is
always my number one advice.
Besides all of that, the Vilano Journey comes with a one year warranty covers workmanship and material which will keep you covered in case something was wrong with the iSUP.
The Vilano Journey is a highly functional iSUP as we previously mentioned; it’s featured with everything an iSUP needs to perform what’s required from it very smoothly and comfortably.
- The Vilano Journey is featured with a 4 mm thick traction pad that adds to the stiffness of the board as a whole, as it also prevents your feet from skidding off the board while paddling. It covers two thirds of the board’s back and it’s nicely designed with 2 colors; blue and gray.
- You’ll also find a storage area where you can store any necessary cargo right on the board’s deck using the featured D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord.
- Next, there are 4 more D-rings around the pad that are meant for kayak seat attachment which is really cool. Also, you’ll be glad to know that there is a shoulder strap for this board so that you can carry the inflated board easily and move freely.
- Two more D-rings are on the board’s tail for anyone who likes to use an ankle safety leash.
- A central carry handle is also a standard feature for most iSUP which will allow you to use only one hand to carry the inflated board.
- Last but not least, the Vilano Journey is featured with one removable large fin that does a great job in flat water. It’s rigid and durable allowing the board to respond to your body movement as well as different water conditions.
There are few aspects to discuss when it comes to any iSUP’s performance; but the obvious ones are speed and balance. The Vilano Journey is not necessarily a fast iSUP given its round nose, rather; it’s a great touring / recreational inflatable paddle board. Some paddlers would even attempt to play yoga on this board given its width.
The Vilano Journey is quite responsive; I’ve encountered no difficulties making my way through the water using the featured paddle. Also, the navigation system, though it consists of one fin only, did a great job in flat water.
The Vilano Journey comes in a nice package that is not completely all-inclusive; however, it’s a good one. With this board, you’ll find:
- A pump with integrated pressure gauge
- A 3-piece aluminum paddle
- A removable shoulder strap
- A backpack
- And a fin
As you can see; it’s basically everything you need to start paddling the moment you receive your board; but there is no repair kit which could come handy in the future.
- Vilano Journey iSUP is one of the best cheap inflatable paddle boards out there
- Vilano Journey iSUP comes in an all-inclusive package
- It’s a great entry-level recreational paddle board
- It’s featured with side
- It’s very well put-together and it performs quite well on various water conditions
- It’s tracks and it glides well
- It’s very light weight and it folds up small
- For easy transportation, this board is featured with 2 D-rings on the side rail for attaching a shoulder strap
- Vilano Journey iSUP is only 5″ inches thick( We were expecting it to be 6 inches)
- The weight limit on this board is around 240lbs
- It’s not well suited for taller/heavier people or for two people